Spanish for Foreigners
El programa desarrolla una metodología intercultural e involucra el enfoque comunicativo.
The Spanish for Foreigners Program uses a broad, intercultural methodology which includes the principles of communicative focus for the integral development of the four language skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking so that the student will be able to interact in Spanish-speaking contexts.
|Program aimed at:||This program is directed to all people interested in learning Spanish as a second language.
Our program is intended to offer services to different profiles such as:
- Tourists who want to take short courses
- Foreigners who arrive in Colombia for volunteer work or academic exchange.
- Foreign employees in national companies or multinational branches located in Bogotá.
- Retired people
- Teachers who want to improve their level of Spanish.
|Levels:||There are three levels: Elementary A1, Basic A2 and Intermediate B1.|
|Hourly intensity:||The program takes 432 hours, 360 with direct support of the teacher and 72 of independent student work.
Each level includes 144 hours: 120 with teacher and 24 of individual work.
|Starting and completion dates:||Our courses are offered in two different modalities:
11 cycles in regular courses (24 hours per level):
Monthly courses, always starting the second week of the corresponding month.
Courses go from January to November.
Intensive courses (144 hours): These intensive courses are held every six weeks, working 24 hours per week.
|Associated services:||The university offers, besides all the activities developed in the classroom, on- site and off-site activities such as trips to historic, touristic and typical places which represent the cultural of Bogotá. Besides, you will have some extra self facilities as students of the university, which are completely free.
These services include:
- Gym Salsa, dancing, singing, martial arts, and yoga lessons.
- Medical appointments with the University´s doctor.
- Medical service in case of emergency inside the University.
- Free access to the university library.
- Letter of enrollement for visa procedures, if needed.
- Free attendance to concerts, movies, or any other activity scheduled by the university.
- Opportunity to share with university students in order to practice Spanish.
- Minimum transportation rates since the university is pretty close to your place of living.
- Internet cafe.
|Cultural activities included in the program:||Universidad Central offers to its foreign students different possibilities for cultural interaction. These are the most important:
• Cultural tours
- Transmilenio Tour
- Tour around Bogota’s
- Historic downtown.
• Visits to landmarks around Bogotá
- Cerro de Monserrate
- Zipaquirá´s salt
- Tren turístico de la Sabana
• Having fun outdoors
- Tabio (Extreme sports)
- Chinauta (Eco ride)
• Complementary activities
- Café club
|Requirements for registration:||Applicants who want to apply to the program should take an interview in Spanish according to the academic calendar in order to determine the level in which the student should be placed in.
If the applicant happens to be abroad, the university will set a specific date to have the interview via skype.
|Cost per level or course:||Regular course: 24 hours per level (8 hours per week): $326.350 COP / 135.08 USD.
Intensive course: 144 hours (six week- 24 hours per level- students move forward six levels): $2.113.450 COP / 880.60 USD
|Lodging Information for foreign students:||We are in touch with hostels, hotels, college dorms and family houses with which students might establish contact for the time they want to stay in Bogotá.|
|Phone:||(57-1) 3239868 Ext. 4351|
|Address:||Carrera 5 N° 21-38|
|Web page:||Spanish for Foreigners|